Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome to the world Eldon Allen George!!!

Today we welcomed our son Eldon into the world at 5:55 am! what a cool birthday he has! 07-08-09!!!! very neat, and it is also my grandfather's birthday! my dads father who pasted away when I was younger. Eldon is a very little guy, he just came to us from heaven where he was with two very great men, Richard Eldon George(marks dad) and Harold Newton Lovelace ( my grandfather) It is so amazing to think that he was there in heaven with them not a long time ago! How amazing is he!
Okay so anyways, went to my Dr's Appt yesterday at 2:15pm, momma took me, and we talked to my doctor she checked my measurements listed to his HB and did an internal exam. She then started to tell my mom and I the situation, how you have to be at least 3cm 75% and within one week of your due date to be induced, I qualified for everything but i was only 60% , afer talking with my amazing docter, Dr Julie Grover, she Let us know she was going to call over to the hospital, and break the rules, she said there were more important things in life than following the rules, so she called and we were sent over to Labor and Delivery, where Mark met up with us quickly following our arrival. I was induced at 4:15pm. Contractions weren't too bad at first. Mark was there to hold me and rub my back to ease the pain during contractions. I dilated almost to 6 cm when the pain got really bad to say the least. I had some local medication Phenegrin that worked for about 40 minutes, then I had to wait 20 minutes before I could get another dose. The second dose didn't even work at all. Thats when I summoned for the Epidural. Mark held me while I got it, I felt 3 bad contractions, and then nothing! My legs were gone! Not too sure if I like the feeling of legs being gone, but it was either that or contractions, and I picked leg numbingness anyday over that!
I was able to get 20 minutes of rest before Eldon started not doing to good. My contractions were 1 minute apart and pretty strong and I had dilated to a 9 in less that 2 hours. Eldon's Heart beat was all over the place! he was under alot of stress, they turned the pitocin off to let my contractions cool off, and then they gave me an amnio so that if the cord was being crunched during contractions, than this would help it out. He stablize but still I was worried because his HB still never stayed to close to where it should have been. I was dialated to a 10 but my docter had me turn up the epidural and sleep for an hour because of the stress on the baby and on me. I rested for 40 minutes and had to start pushing before the dr got there. They had me stop 20 minutes into it and wait for the doctor to come in and turn him because his nose was upright and needed to be behind so he came out belly down back up. but from start of pushing to end Elon came into the world after only 50 minutes of pushing at the early hours of 5:55am on 07-08-09. What a very special moment it was! words dont even describe how amazing I feel! I love my son an I love my wonderful husband!! I will definately keep you posted!!
Time rolled around

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! How cool that he was born at FIVE till SIX on 07/08/09 =)

    ReplyDelete