Thursday, July 23, 2009

Eldon's First Doctors visit

We went to the doctors today... not a fun time to say the least. Okay lets start.... Mark had school at 1 and Eldon's appointment was at 1:15 so me and Eldon went alone. Eldon was not happy when we got in the car I think it was too hot for his liking and he cried all the way, I stopped the car several times but nothing h I had one hand on the steering wheel and the other arm turned to the back seat holding a bottle in his mouth, still with him crying. Oh it was horrible I felt like the worst mother ever. once we got to the office the secritary had me fill out forms for Eldon, which was no easy with a baby crying, the secritary kept looking at me like she was saying " hurry up" it took me almost 15 minutes to finish the paperwork but once I was done they brought us back to a room as said to change Eldon into just a clean dry diaper... easier said then done. I started taking his cloths off and to my surprise he had the biggest blowout diaper thus far. It was up his back down his leg and all up his stomach. very very yellow and everywhere. It took me about 15 minutes just to change his diaper. The nurse came in and took his weight and height aelped eventuallynd head size, then the doctor came in. Eldon is not back to birth weight and he is alittle concerned about that but he lost so much weight in the begining that he is not overly concerned, but he wants us to come back next week just to do a weight check. after the doctor left I finally was able to feed my poor little hungry baby, and once he was concked out we left for home. To mu luck, he slept the entire way home, and then when we got hime he ate again, and then we were able to take a nap together!! Whih is the most increadible thing to do. I love being a mom, it is so satisfying. I am so so so tired and sore and I have so much back pain, but it is sooo sooo worth it when you have those little moments where he looks at you and you get to take a nap together, or just the small moments when am holding him, I just feel so blessed to have him in my life. I love being a mom!!!!!! Here are his % and a few pitures from today!!
Height: 21 1/2 inches = 90% at birth he was 19 1/2
weight: 7lb 15oz =50% an birth he was 8lb 6 oz but lost and was down to 7lb 10oz leaving the hospital
head: 38cm = 75% - don't know what he was at birth:)

1 comment:

  1. I have serious sympathy issues with you girl. My first pediatrician appt w/the girls was horrendous! Lets just say that I forgot to take the diaper bag (actually, I didn't know that I should take a diaper bag w/me). It was all down-hill from there. But it's fun to laugh about now!

    Let me run some errands for you - I'm dying to do anything to get me & the girls out of the house!

    ReplyDelete