Thursday, July 16, 2009

He slept through the night

Eldon had a tummy ache all day yesterday, and all he wanted to do was have mom hold him, he wouldn't cry (he isn't that big of crier) he just would moan and fuss until I picked him up. Well when it came time to go to bed same thing happened i would set him in his bassenet and he would just fuss and the second I went to hold him all fussing stopped. He wasn't hungry, didn't have a dirty diaper, didnt need to be burped all he wanted was mom. I took a little bit of pleasure in hs pain I have to admit it felt great to be wanted, but at the same time we both needed our sleep. Okay I am very adiment on not having a baby sleep in the same bed as you, but last night with Mark pulling an a night study session, I decided to make an exception, and at 1:00am I put eldon on my chest proped myself up alittle with some pillows, put pillows all around e so he wouldnt role off of me, and we both processed to drift into a perfect nights sleep. I woke up to the sun on my face and was shocked that we made it the entire night without waking up, because thus far Eldon loves to be awake at night, usually he averages about 3-4 feeding at night. I felt so loved! My little boy and me cuddled all night long! he is so amazing and such a blessing in our lives. Mark said he would wake up everynow and then just to check and see if I was still hilding him and he would fall back asleep! SOOOO COOL! he loves me, I feel such a sense of acomplishent. I am so greatful to my wonderful husband for giving me such a perfect child, not in the sense that he does no wrong or that being a mom is easy, because these past days have been the hardest I have ever had to endure, but the blessing of having Eldon look into my eyes, and being able to hild him and feel the love and the bond that is there is such a blessing that it totally makes up for the lack of sleep and all the emotions that come along with childbirth.... I am so blessed

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute story! You two are doing a great job with Eldon. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Stephanie! He is so beautiful! I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete