Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My baby has jaundice

When we brought Eldon home on Thursday, his levels were too high, so our doctor had us go get his blood drawn the following day, which is no fun to watch someone squeeze the blood out of your new born babies heel, luckily Eldon has a high pain tolerance and he was able to handle it pretty well. But his levels jumped so high that our ped decided he needed to go under the lights, these are called billi lights and they help break down the jaundice. but everyday since his birth we have had to go get his blood drawn, my poor sons heels are so bruised up :( but with fingers crossed we took him to get his levels taken today, and they finally went down!!!! Doctor said to go to get his blood drawn one more time just to make sure that his levels stay going down. i am so excited because it has not been fun getting myself ready and my baby an getting in the car driving to the hospital lab every morning for the past 6 days. I will be very excited when I can just rest in my sweats and a t-shirt and just recover!!! Having Eldon was so amazing, but the aftermath of him, I am not gunna lie, is very painful! I hope by this time next week all will be healed. I love my amazing little son, he is so perfect!!!
Bella watching over her brother while he is under the lights


My little boy tanning


Eldon with his goggles


Eldon is very relaxed after tanning! Soooooo adorable!

1 comment:

  1. the sunglasses pic is just too cute! Wow - it seems like he is growing so much already.

    ReplyDelete