Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peepee!

Eldon went pee pee like 15 times today in the potty!!!!! I don't have any experience with going though potty training, but next to Giving birth, and Eldon walking; this is like the most excited I have been in forever! He was so proud of himself too. He would run pee in the potty chair then empty the pee in the toilet, flush and say "bye!" and then when the toilet filled back up he would say, "blue!!!" (because we have one of those toilet tablets that makes the water blue) then we go to the cupboards and get a potty treat!! WOW I know I am using a lot of "!" but I seriously am so proud. Mark was saying to me how pride is a bad thing, but how both of us were feeling a rush of such a prideful moment.
What a happy mom I am right now. I seriously never thought he would learn, but he did. For the past few days/months I take his diaper off and we constantly go to the bathroom, but he will never go. He usually whines, and cries for me to let him off the toilet, but tonight after 3 hours of no diaper, we again took a trip to the bathroom, and he cried to get off, I have been using a little bit of bribery lately so I said, "you can get down once you pee pee." he must of been really motivated to get off because he pushed really had, and he actually went. I over reacted and got sooooo excited. We both started dancing and I guess that one time did it. Hopefully when we wake up tomorrow he will remember!! I love thing. Today even though I only got 3 hours of sleep, this one of the greatest days ever of me and mommy hood!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I don't think it's bad to use bribery to get a child potty-trained. I used "prizes" when I trained my Little Fella--everything from miniature candy bars, to plastic bugs, to miniature cans of soda for a BM!

    ReplyDelete