Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cuddle time!

Is there anything better than holding a sleeping baby? I will argue my point if you disagree :) I wrote a post like this a while ago when Eldon was still little ( under the age of 1 i mean to say) Against the advise of almost everyone that gave me advise, I have been rocking both of my babies to sleep every night, until they were fast asleep and I got my "cuddle fill". I choose to cuddle as long as they will let me. I have never regretted this and I just politely plug my ears when others told me not to, that they needed to "learn" to go to sleep on their own. Guess what? They did learn!  Eldon I think is in a little independent phase where he doesn't need to be rocked by Momma. Which saddens me a little, but I hope in time he will come back to me. Like the small moments like tonight when he felt a bit sick and he was tired and a bit upset, and he crawled in my lap, head against my chest and we watched Dr. Seuss together.  Eldon now has been sleep in a big boy bed for almost 4 months now with really no issues, I had to put a child proof lock on his door and he hasn't had any issues since- sleeping from usually 8:30pm til 9:30am or 10:30am, and my sweet little girl sleeps from 9:00pm wakes up and nurses around 3:30am for only 20 min and is usually back asleep all in her own room in her own crib. Then wakes up at 7:30pm nurses for 30min and falls back asleep usually until his brother wakes up. 

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow,


For babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow.


So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,


I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!"
I have heard this quote several times before. I really want to frame it up really nice and put it by my rocking chair, so to always remind me that even though my house is a GIANT mess, this is what truly matters. My babies, my eternal family, my husband. Life really is flying, take it from someone who is about to have a 3 month old!! I will cuddle Gracie as long as she will let me, true I may cause sleeping problems, but I don't care if my kids need to snuggle me before they go to sleep. Life is wasted it seems these days on far less important things, but this is important to me! Haha I just can't put them down!

No comments:

Post a Comment