Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm not lucky, and there are no such thing as coincidences

I am NOT Lucky!

Brought on by a really good lesson in church, I really started thinking. So many good things have happened lately that I have found myself saying, "wow I am so lucky that such-and-such happened" But after a lesson is Relief Society brought up the benefits of obedience, I realized that being "lucky" is not just being lucky, and that it is blessings.
I keep telling myself how lucky it was that Gracie was born healthy and safely and that I didn't have to be in the NICU, or worse. I feel guilty some days admitting that Heavenly Father "blessed" me with a healthy baby, because I know so many aren't. After our lesson today I don't feel that guilty any longer because I know that Heavenly Father blesses and tries us all in different ways. He know what someone can handle, and he knows how to stretch our limits. My father in heaven know me and he knows my strengths and weaknesses.

So NO I am not LUCKY!

I am SO BLESSED!
-Blessed to have the happiest little guy named Eldon who loves to play
-Blessed to be given a beautiful sweet little girl named Gracie
-Blessed to have a home to put both of them under at night
-Blessed to have a hard working husband who I love
-Blessed to know that if we ever are separated in this life, we will have eternity to spend together
-BLESSED

Also there are no such thing as coincidences...

You aren't thinking about someone by coincidence, and you don't just call them by coincidence when they are breaking out in tears. You don't get a visit from a friend when you feel lonely. You don't "by chance" come to an answer to your prayers.
This week, and really the past 3 weeks I have had many "coincidence" moments. A dinner brought to my home, a phone call from friend just checking how I am. Really small little things. nothing major, but the Lord has his hand in my life for sure.
THANK YOU!
To everyone who has thought of me and picked up the phone this week. You are answering prayers. Some days it gets a little crazy not having anyone to talk to but a 2 year old who only speaks of Buzz and woody, and cars, and penguins (peen jins as Eldon calls them) and a newborn who I am just getting use to. Just your phone calls have made my day.
Don't get me wrong I love being here with my babies, but I like having some "human interaction from the adult world" as I call it.

I am not Lucky and there are no such thing as coincidence: My new motto :)

1 comment:

  1. God works in some frightening ways sometimes, but your experience is all the more reason to trust Him. Glad you're no longer afraid or embarassed to admit your wonderful blessings!

    ReplyDelete