Saturday, September 12, 2009

My 2 month old baby boy!!







Okay so my little guy is 2 months old!!! here are his pictures from 1 month and 2, so you can see how much he has grown. The White shirt is obviously 2 month and blue shirt is 1 month! Okay so onto the horrible parts for today. We took Eldon to get his shots also on his 2 month birthday... I know what a horrible way to celebrate right, which by the way is the most horrible thing ever!!! He got 6 vaccines and a total of 3 shots and one was taken orally. To watch your little baby look up at you in shock and horror that you are letting him be in so much pain not just once but 3 times is just horrible. After the shocked look came the worst cry of pain I have ever heard from my sweet little son. And the worst part about it is that... it was for his benefit right?? I am not much of eccentric, and I usually jut go with the norm but I think it is worth looking into to see if I should delay some of his immunizations because 6 at a time just seems crazy to me. To think about his poor sweet little 2 month old body trying to fight and produce immunity to 6 different viruses or diseases just seems sickening to me. Okay so Eldon slept off the pain for about 4 hours after his shots thank goodness I had some pumped milk handy right after the shot or he would have never settled down. after that El woke up in a frenzy and nothing could settle him down, nursing... pumped.... music... rocking, none of the normal things helped they just fueled the flames. Finally I woke up Mark who was catching a few hours of sleep before is grave shift started, but I needed him badly so I woke him up in tears insisting that e give Eldon a blessing immediately... no getting dresses up just do it now ( as you can see I am not so good with crying) After about an hours Eldon Finally settled down enough to nurse, get a 3rd helping of Tylenol, and he was again quick to knock out. Since then things have been okay, it has been 4 or so days since his shot, and he was running a small fever yesterday, and was pretty warm today but not as bad. I just feels so bad making him go through all that. Everyone says he won't remember, but I think it is more traumatizing for me to see him in such pain and discomfort. I think I need to start preparing myself mentally for the next batch, because they are 2 months away. So pretty much moral of the story is I am such a bad mom, I can't believe I put my son through pain!!! :/ hopefully this week he will start to feel better.

4 comments:

  1. You know what....there's this family that we're really good friends with out here and they don't like their kids getting immunizations at all because of all of the risks of getting them! And their kids are completely fine. Not that I have kids or anything, but I think about that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie... Eldon is growing!!! I couldn't believe the change until I saw the picture. I am so glad I am here to watch him grow. Don't worry honey immunizations are the easy part and you've past the test, you took care of your little guy perfectly! You are a Great MOM, I see you in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so so sorry! Make sure you tell your doctor about him crying THAT badly even with the tylenol. It's not normal, or good for a baby (oh i hated the 2 month shots). Check out Dr. Sears Vaccine Book... it's really not biased and just some good info. I agree about 6 shots with a small two month body... it just seems like too much... even though they are made to help! Just a little slower ( but you know i am a little against too many early vaccines). He is so adorable and so big though! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, thank you for your comments! I am very passionate about all this also. I just feel a little lied to and betrayed... again by doctors. (i don't trust them very much!) After my c-section i had to have something because getting pregnant 4 months after (when i first mostly likely ovulated) could have *supposedly* killed me or the baby. And that was scary. But i couldn't take the pill because of stroke risk. the IUD seemed like a knight in shining armor. wrong. but there is nothing i can do now. and if there is more scarring i will have to deal. and if it's just me, nick, and hayden, i will have to cope with that also. but it's still frustrating.

    It's been good to though because i feel likle i've come to acknowledge more the divine is child-bearing and not just the "me". well shall see what happens. life is a blessing! Little Eldon is beautiful though! Every time i say your Eldon's name i hope that i can have a little boy soon because that was what nick and i have planned to name our second boy since we got engaged. It makes me smile to see another! He's such a beautiful little boy!

    ReplyDelete