Friday, January 20, 2012

Eldon Visit to Dad's Firehouse

Eldon, Gracie and me made Nanna's famous Mac&Cheese after church and headed towards Atlanta Firehouse Station 28. Which just happens to be where Gracie and Eldon's dad works as a FIREMAN!!!! Marks chief made dinner, a delicious chicken with spinach and mozzarella, potatoes, steamed carrots and green beans, and rolls. Lets just say I don't feel sorry for Mark when he is gone. His captain can cook!
Eldon could not get enough, we practically had to glue him to the dinner table and force him to eat. There were hoses, and buttons and doors and helmets... pretty much the perfect playground for a 2 year old boy or a 26 year old boy :) Yeah, pretty much Mark spends his days living his dreams when he goes to work. Mark always tells me now he can beat my dad in the "who's truck is bigger" game , because he has a fire truck, although I think my Dad technically wins by default because he owns his Tundra and Mark only gets to drive and play around with his truck.
Eldon loved climbing through the doors of the truck and messing with all the equipment. Gracie was a doll and just enjoyed being along for the ride. After we were there for almost 3 hours it was getting late and I packed up the kids to head out. Eldon cried so HARD! He was refusing to leave. Poor guy never wanted to leave, but I think he was more mad that his Dada got to stay and I was forcing him to go home. All in all it was a great trip, and it was nice to meet the guys that my hubby puts his trust in when he is on the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment