Monday, April 20, 2009

On the road.... AGAIN????

On the Road AGAIN????

Okay so I haven't posted in a while because I haven't really felt so happy about our situation, but that is no excuse to avoid things... well anyways here is the story: When me and Mark got home from work and school on April 7th, 2009 we have a letter on our door. We figured it was the utilities bill from our landlord... but we were very wrong. The letter stated, and I quote, “ do to situations beyond my control I am forced to serve you with letter to give you 30 days to vacate the premise”

We were shocked!! I was so so so mad, I was throwing out lawyer and court ligations and what ever you want to call it, saying that this was illegal, and how could he do this, and what are we going to do about all of this. Well after going away for the weekend, I was able to clear my head, and I decide to just start looking for another place to live, even though our landlord had served us with an illegal eviction notice. I was so bummed, and I was convinced I wouldn't be able to find anything that would be in our price range and be livable, and allow 2 pets. I have to admit someone was looking after us because the first place I looked at was amazing, totally in our price range, actually less than we are paying now, 2 bedroom 2 bath and allows our puppies to be there. How lucky are we. I have to admit I had my doupt, actually I had a lot of doubt, and I was so irritable and just plane bummed, but when times are hard, I need to remember that the Lord does not give you any temptation that we are not able to overcome. He will along with the trial provide means for us to overcome. And he sure did, right before I looked for an apartment I prayed that I would be led in the direction I needed to find an apartment that would be best for us, and I also prayed for a calm demeanor so that I could handle all of this.

Me and Mark are so blessed that things have worked out, we are moving into a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. The great news is that the only reason they can kick us out is for illegal activities, or failure to pay rent, neither of which we plan to do. So until Mark finishes school, this will be the last place we live in in Utah. Which is great because moving with a newborn does not sound like fun to me.

So anyways we move this Friday, May 1st ! And maybe if we are lucky both momma and papa will be in town to help us out with the move but Mom will be able to help out with all the emotional aspect of the whole big move. I am just hoping Eldon stayed calm for the next few weeks till I have everything set up in his room. Well that is my big story for this month!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you guys were asked to move. We feel your pain: our sleazy landlord in New York did the same thing to us. It sounds like you got an even better home now though and just in time. You are going to be the world's greatest packer and unpacker with all your experience the past year or so. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg stephanie! I can't even imagine! I would have been furious too! BUt i'm soooo glad you guys found an even better place! I'm sure you'll love it and i can't wait for little Eldon to come! That'll be most exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I am sooo out of the loop! I didn't know ya'all were moving, and I didn't know DarDar was coming into town! We are flying to Charleston this Friday - Monday (otherwise I would totatlly be available to help lift boxes and set-up/arrange things for you). Tony was supposed to call DarDar to see if she could drive to CHS to see us - guess not since she's going to be in Provo!

    Hope the move goes well - I'd love to come and help unpack (it will get me out of the house!)

    ReplyDelete