Friday, October 7, 2011

Gracie's twin

My little girl has a twin!! I spend the majority of my day staring at Gracie and Eldon. After much thought me and Mark both agreed... Gracie looks like the cute, adorable, angelic, youngest of his six adopted siblings...... DOPEY! 

Check out her ears.. haha, her ear really dont stick out that far, they just curve with her head and it makes them look like they stick out. I think she is adorably unique.
Now look at her angelic glazed over blue eyes!

Same as Dopey. But the Cherry on the cake....

Check out that smile. Full, tounge showing, cheek pinchable grin!!


I never Really likds the movie snow white, but I do remember only liking Dopey, the others were to scary, and hairy. I found this little bit of info on Dopey:

Dopey is often the butt of the other dwarfs' jokes, and his silly, playful actions often annoy the pompous Doc and the short-tempered Grumpy. He is not dumb, but merely acts like a toddler. Happy explains he simply has never tried to talk. Though he occasionally whimpers, laughs or hiccups, he does not talk. Dopey is the most popular of the seven dwarfs among audiences.

Despite being conceived late in production, Dopey proved to be the most endearing of the dwarfs. Dopey's appeal proved the success of silent characters in feature films. At one point, Dopey was even considered for the title role in The Sorceror's Apprentice in Fantasia before Mickey Mouse was chosen. However, many of Dopey's traits remain, including the long, floppy sleeves and playful attitude.

The name Dopey may to some carry bad meaning, but for me everytime I see that dwarf, I am reminded of his innocence. What a great comparison to our sweet girl. Innocent, pure, and most of all happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment